How To Do Pageant Walk And What Do Judges See In The WalkBy Rita Gangwani on Mar 24, 2023
To do a pageant walk, here are some steps you can follow:
- Start with good posture: Stand up straight with your shoulders back, chest out, and chin up. Make sure your weight is evenly distributed on both feet.
- Take small steps: In a pageant walk, the steps should be small and measured. Take a step forward with one foot, keeping your toes pointed forward.
- Sway your hips slightly: As you step forward, sway your hips slightly from side to side to create a feminine and elegant look. Avoid over-exaggerating the hip sway, as this can appear unnatural.
- Use your arms gracefully: Keep your arms at your sides or place your hands on your hips. Move your arms gracefully as you walk, but avoid swinging them too much or making sudden movements.
- Maintain good eye contact: Keep your head up and maintain good eye contact with the judges and audience. Smile naturally and avoid looking down or to the side.
During the pageant walk, judges are looking for a number of things, including:
- Confidence: Judges want to see that you are confident and comfortable on stage.
- Poise: The way you carry yourself and move should be graceful and poised.
- Posture: Good posture is essential in a pageant walk, as it conveys confidence and elegance.
- Eye contact: Maintaining good eye contact with the judges and audience is important to create a connection and show your confidence.
- Overall presentation: Judges are evaluating your overall presentation and how you showcase your personality and beauty through your walk.
Remember that the pageant walk is just one aspect of the competition. To succeed in a pageant, you should also focus on developing your personality, communication skills, and overall presentation.